Who isn’t excited for Cinco De Mayo!? I know I am…and I bet we are all probably wondering the same thing: where is the best place to go on Cinco De Mayo? Where is the best crowd? Where can I go to experience that authentic Mexican culture? Where are the tastiest tacos!?! Where can I learn how to do the Salsa!? Where should I take my family? Don’t get yourself too worked up…I am here for you and I will not let you down! Here are some great places to celebrate the enthralling Cinco De Mayo holiday in southern California.
1. Calle Tacos are open from noon to 10PM in the city of Hollywood. This restaurant is great for families to enjoy their mariachi band, tacos, flautas, burritos, quesadillas and donkeys, too! That’s right…Donkeys! Why travel to Mexico when you can experience all this in your backyard!
2. The Pub Crawl…now this screams for a good time! Head down to the streets of Old Town Pasadena, Huntington Beach, Santa Monica or Hollywood until 2:00AM for beers ($2), tequila shots ($5) and two-for-one margaritas. Sombreros and sarongs encouraged. Tickets start at $5.
3. Visit El Chovo with DJ Cyrano spinning, salsa on the patio, $5 margaritas until 9 p.m., and a $10 combo plate (three tacos, rice, beans, plus a margarita or beer)…the best part is there is no cover charge! 21 and up only.
4. If you’re looking for something a little more fancy stop by the RED O to start the festivities early with “Street Food Social Hour” running 3-6 p.m. in the tequila lounge and patio. The normally expensive restaurant is keeping the prices down a bit for cocktails for only $8, wines at $7, beers at $5. Be sure to check out the menu for oysters, ceviche’s, tacos al carbon, mini tostadas, sopes, taquitos, quesadillas and tamales.
5. Celebrate Cinco De Mayo at the Lake with Woody and the Harrelsons on Saturday, May 5th, at 9:00PM in Riverside at the Lake Alice Saloon and Eatery. Only a $6 cover charge with lots of beer, cocktails and dancing for those of you 21 and up!
Cinco De Mayo is without a doubt an exciting holiday and we all love to experience and indulge in the great authentic Mexican culture. Remember to make a game plan before going out on the town, be safe, party it up, and take lots and lots of pictures to remember this night for a lifetime.